Saturday, 4 October 2008

Modal Verbs

Fill in the blanks with suitable modal verbs.

1. Excuse me, would someone help me to book a flight to London?(will/would)

2. I may not be able to find the documents – they may have been shredded.(may not/could not)

3. You may make notes during the presentation if you like.(might/may)

4. The arrangement for the hotel can be made as soon as possible.(can/may)

5. We couldn't ship the order because our computer system was down.(couldn’t/may not)

6. These packages would be shipped by next Monday.(would/may)

7. Would you mind telling me your fax number, please?(Can/Would)

8. Your money in full can be refunded if you are not totally satisfied.(can/may)

9. I’m looking for Mr. Cheung, but I can't find him.(will not/can’t)

10. I looked at the instructions for a long time, but I couldn't understand them.(couldn’t/might not)

11. Next week I will fly to London.(can/will)

12. Good morning, ABC Company. How can I help you?(could/can)

13. Would you like to leave a message?(Would/May)

14. May I know who’s on the line, please?(May/Will)

15. I think they would not be able to ship the goods before the due date.( would / should )

No comments: